Monday, April 4, 2011

My Teeny Tiny Pile of Glory

My family is on a budget.  And when I say budget, I mean it's tight.  Like really tight.  We are a one income family, with a new baby, and trying to save every penny we can, and live as frugally as possible. So couponing has become a necessity for our little family.  I've been doing it for a year now.  I've saved tons of money.  I'm still learning how to work it, but it has definitely been worth the time.  Couponing has allowed my family to never do without.  We always have a stocked pantry.  We have at least 2 months worth of cleaning and laundry supplies stockpiled.  We have a full medicine cabinet.  And most importantly, we will never run out of toilet paper! 

So today I made a quick trip to Target.  I love going to Target.  I love leaving Target with a bag full of goodies.  I love when the goodies cost me only pennies....

My Pile of Glory

This is what I got:

Transaction #1
(2) Dove Men Body Wash $3.99-> Clearance Price $3.38 2 Target Coupons -$1.00 off and 2 Manufacturer Coupons $1.00 off. Total Cost $1.38 each.
(1) Up and Up Travel Tissues 4 Pack $.99 -> Target Coupon $.50 off.  Total Cost $.49.
(2) Olay Foaming Facial Wash $4.99 -> 2 Manufacturer Coupons $2.00 off.  When you buy 2, receive a $5.00 gift card.  Total Cost $2.99 each.

Transaction #2
(1) Fisher Price Smart Screen Laptop -> $17.99- Target Coupon 20% off any Fisher Price Toy and Manufacturer Coupon $5.00 off.  Total Cost $9.39.  
Oh and I used the $5.00 gift card, so it was really $4.39.

Total Before Coupons: $36.99 (Not including tax)
Total After Sale Price and Coupons and Gift Card: $13.62 (Not including tax)
Total After Tax: $14.61 (40% Savings)

I think I did pretty well.  Now Mommy's face will be clean, Daddy will smell good, and Ava can play on her own laptop instead of Mommy's.  And most importantly, Mommy can wipe her tears when she sees her precious Ava do something amazing!

3 comments:

  1. so i am totally into this... and girlfriend... let me tell you... you need to do walgreens/cvs if you don't do already. FREE FREE FREE. i don't pay more than 1 dollar, but most the time it's free or money-makers if i get stuff.

    if you don't already... follow these sites... they tell you where all the free stuff is at, and believe me, it is SO worth it!!

    www.thekrazycouponlady.com
    www.southernsavers.com
    www.simplycvsshopping.com
    www.wildforwags.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very proud of you little colleen!!! Teach me your ways!! : ) Hope to see you soon! You need to go for a ride in my new car!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done!!!I'm happy I found your lovely blog. Wishing you happiness, Hugs Katherine

    ReplyDelete