Saturday, April 9, 2011

So Long Kroger!

Many of you have heard that Kroger is discontinuing their double and triple coupon program effective Wednesday, April 13, 2011.  When I heard the news I was completely heartbroken.  Devastated to say the least.  I didn't want to believe it.  I Googled it and looked on coupon blogs and it was true.  For about a week, I would just randomly say aloud, "What am I going to do?"  Couponing has been a major factor in allowing me to stay home with my daughter.  Actually, if it weren't for couponing we would not be able to survive.  

So tonight, I had some "Me" time and I went to Kroger.  I brought all the coupons that I had wanted to use before the doubling and tripling ended.  I grabbed a Starbucks and travelled up and down the aisles- Soaking in my last shopping experience.  By the time I had reached the check out, I had convinced myself that I could still get good deals and that I didn't need to completely Quit Kroger.

Then the checkout began.  Worst experience I have ever had at Kroger.  They refused to accept one of my coupons, so I made them take the item off my order.  Then, the checker refused to take another coupon, so I was like, "Fine, I'll go to Customer Service."  Then the bagger used two carts for all my groceries and did not offer to help me out.  Ummm... How am I supposed to get two carts full of stuff all the way to the back of the parking lot where my car is????   Then after I stood in line at Customer Service the guy made me pull several of my frozen items out of bags, so I could prove that I had 15 dollars of frozen items to get my 3 dollars off.  I had already circled the items on my receipt.  I got my $3.22, rearranged my groceries to fit on one cart, and left.  

As I was driving home, I thought of a song that describes my feelings perfectly...


Kroger- You lost me.  I was loyal to you and unfortunately you have been disloyal to me.  I am moving on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment