Monday, May 2, 2011

Making Baby Food: Apples

I am out of baby food!  I had to purchase a few jars of food (2 pears, 1 banana, and 2 green beans) this weekend. With Easter and our week stay at Nana's, I was out of food and have had absolutely no time to make any.  But that's okay.  Life keeps everyone busy and I can't stop everything to make some pureed something.  So Ava ate her first jar of baby food on Sunday!  So this week I plan on making one food each day.  On to the apples.....

  1. Buy Organic Apples.


2.  Rinse and Peel One Apple.
 

3.  Cut apple into quarters and remove core.

4.  Cut the quarters into cubes and put in pot of water.

       5.Repeat steps 2-4 for each apple.  I did one apple at a time because I did not want them to          start browning before I got them in the water.

       6.  Boil Apples until soft, stirring frequently.


7.  Strain apples and put in a food processor.  Save the liquid! 


8.  Puree in food processor for several minutes.


9.  Pour pureed apples into a bowl and add liquid for desired consistency.(If I had leftover liquid I would have frozen cubes of apple water to throw into a sippy cup.)



         10.  Scoop pureed apples into ice cube trays.


11.  Wrap trays in plastic wrap and place in freezer over night.

       12.  Run warm water over the bottom of the tray so the cubes will pop out easily.  Put cubes      in a labeled and dated bag and toss back into freezer.


Super, Easy, and Yummy! 
 I helped myself to some too!


Ava loves her some yummy, yummy apples too!





No comments:

Post a Comment