Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Making Baby Food: Peas

I meant to have this posted on Monday, but my internet has been down for some reason.....I guess I could have done it on my phone, but that would have taken a loooong time!  

So this week we made Baby Food Peas!  

Ava loves them!  

Easy Peasy to make too!

1. Buy Frozen Organic Peas.


2. Put peas in a pot.  


3. Cover peas with water. and boil for several minutes until soft. 


4. Put peas and pea water into food processor. 


5. Puree for several minutes. 



6. Push peas through a sieve.  This will take a few minutes and a little muscle to push the mixture through.  The end result will be a nice, smooth pea puree.





7. Scoop puree into ice cube trays and cover with plastic wrap.



8. Put trays in freezer over night.
9.  Run warm water over the bottom of the tray.  Cubes will pop out easily.  Place cubes in a labeled and dated plastic bag and return to freezer.


Simple. Easy. Nutritious.


Ava Enjoying some Peas!


She was SCREAMING when I put her in her chair!

Fresh Tears!
Thinking she might like this.....
More tears!













No comments:

Post a Comment