Sunday, March 13, 2011

6 Months!


Where do I begin?  Has it really been 6 months?  6 whole months?  Somebody please pinch me!  I feel like it was just yesterday that I brought my sweet Ava Rose home from the hospital.  Shoot- I feel like it was just yesterday that I took that pregnancy test that said, in big capitalized words, "PREGNANT!"  These past 6 months have flown by.  I have been blessed to have witnessed my baby grow and develop.  It is truly amazing to watch your child grow right before your eyes.  And I know it is only going to get harder and harder to watch her grow up.

Ava- You are my joy.  The apple of my eye.  I will never be able to explain the feeling I get when I see you, think about you, smell you, touch you.  I love you more than words can say.  One day, when you have your own baby(which will be a very long time), you will understand that mother's love that I have never understood until you came into my life.  Daddy and I love you so, so, very much.  You have made our life complete.

A Little Bit About Ava:


Length: 26 1/2 inches
Weight: 15 pounds, 3.1 ounces
Hair Color: Dark Blonde
Eye Color: Dark Blue

A Look at Your Daily Routine

8:00 am- We sing the Good Morning Song, change your diaper, and put clothes on.  You play in your activity Exersaucer while Mommy makes her coffee, unloads the dishwaher, and starts laundry.
 9:30 am- Mid-Morning Breakfast.  You like the TM!
10-11:00 am- Morning nap.
11 am -12 pm- Diaper change, outfit change, play time on floor with Mommy
Noon- Lunch time!  More TM!
12:30-2:00 pm- Afternoon Nap
2:00-5:00 pm- Various play time between the floor, Exersaucer, play gym, and Mommy.  Theres's an afternnon snack somewhere in there too! Gotta  love that TM!
5-6:00 pm- Wait for Daddy to get home, then we go on a walk.
6- 7:00- Various play between Mommy and Daddy
7:30 pm- Oatmeal or Rice cereal
7:45-8:15 pm- Bath Time and Infant Massage
Bedtime: You are starting to sleep for longer stretches in the night.  We put you to bed between 8:00-8:30.  You nurse to sleep.  Around midnight you want some more boobie, then more boobie between 5-6 am.  You wake up at 7:30.  Sometimes you sleep in, but you are out of bed no later than 8:30 am.


Feeding: You are all about the TM (Titty Milk)!  I started giving you rice cereal at 4 months, but you just weren't ready, so after 2 weeks we stopped.  We tried again on February 17th and that went well.  We still have our ups and downs with the cereal. On March 8th you tried oatmeal mixed with prunes for the first time.  You were a little backed up, so the doctor suggested oatmeal and prunes.

Diapers: Pampers Swaddlers. Size 2.

Clothes Size: 3-6 Months.  I think we'll get a few more weeks use out of them too.

Favorite Toy:  You love your ExsaSaucer!  You also are all about this Raspberry teething thing.  It looks like a pacifier, but the nipple part looks like a raspberry.  You love chewing on the bumpy texture.

Other Things You Do: You love being on your tummy.  You can move around and make a full circle.  You roll several times too.  Our next big purchase is a baby gate for the stairs, which will be happening this next weekend when we go to your Daddy's favorite store, Babies 'R Us! Yay!!!  You don't like to look at a camera or smile for the camera.  Boo!  That better change Missy!

Sweet Things You Do:  You give us lots and lots of smiles.  Oh how I love seeing your smile!  When I am feeding you, I love it when you reach up to touch my face.  My heart melts.  You like to make out with your Mommy.  Gross, right?  When I am kissing your sweet little cheeks, you always turn your head with your mouth wide open and rub your slobbery lips all over Mommy's mouth.  I love it though!  

Funniest Moment: 2 Moments. First One: February 28th- Mommy and you were sitting on the floor playing. Jackson walks up with a squeaky toy and lays down by us and starts squeaking the toy.  You were staring at him and you busted out laughing. Like really laughing!  Then Jackson moved the toy closer to you.  You grabbed the toy and y'all started playing tug of war. So sweet!  Second Moment- Not sure of the day...March 8th or 9th- Mommy was sitting on the ground with you.  You were waving a toy around, having a grand ole time.  Cooing and smiling when all of sudden you whacked yourself in the face with the toy.  Then the pouty lip came on.  Talk about a dramatic moment. Love you!

Milestones and Other Events:

February 13, 2011- Mommy and Daddy left you for the first time with Auntie Amy and Uncle Joe-Joe.  Mommy and Daddy went out to eat, went to the bookstore, and went to a random open house.  We were gone for a whole 3 1/2 hours!  Longest time I've been away from Ava!
February 15, 2011- Ava found her toes!
February 16-23, 2011- Ava's first trip to Auntie Pammie's house in College Station!  We cleaned and cleaned.  Daddy missed you like crazy.
February 17, 2011- Ava ate rice cereal for real!  You actually ate it.  Not just spit it out!
February 24, 2011- Ava found her voice.  The screeching has begun!  Love that noise and all the other noises you make!
March 2, 2011- First time to cut Ava's toenails!
March 6, 2011- Ava's Baptism!
March 8, 2011- First time to eat oatmeal and prunes.
March 9, 2011- First time that Mommy had to use an enema on Ava. :(
March 9, 2011- First time to receive Ashes on Ash Wednesday!






3 comments:

  1. she is seriously the prettiest baby girl ever! Where do you get the 6 months clothing? I've seen a lot of people take photos with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should ask. I was actually going to send you a message about them. They are stickers, so you could make your own. I found these on Etsy. They even have some for pregnant bellies. They are super cute. You should get some for your bellie and your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete