Friday, March 18, 2011

Ribbon Lamp

I have spent hours looking for a lamp for Ava's room.  Gone to several stores, looked online, went back to stores and nothing.  I didn't want to spend the money on a thematic lamp.  Then one day it hit me...I'll make her lamp.  Not the base, I'm not that good, but the shade I could handle.


Materials Needed:

  • Lamp Base
  • White Lamp Shade
  • Assorted Ribbon
  • Scissors
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Tape (not pictured)


First I cut short lengths of ribbon and taped them to the shade, so I could decide how I wanted the ribbon arranged.  The options are endless.

After choosing the order I wanted, I put one little drop of glue on the seam of the shade.  Lay the ribbon and wrap around the shade.  Cut off the excess ribbon and add another drop of glue to glue the end of the ribbon to the shade.
First

Repeat previous step, until you finish the shade with desired amount of ribbon.

Second
Third

Now I have a custom lamp shade that matches Ava's nursery perfectly.  Cheap too.  The shade was $12 from Target.  Ribbon was purchased at Hobby Lobby 50% off, so I paid $4 for all of it and now I have left overs for other projects!  Base of lamp was free!  My sister gave it to me when her son grew out of his nursery.

I'll post a picture of the lamp in her nursery later!

No comments:

Post a Comment